Undoubtedly, keeping yourself and your place cool requires an air conditioner with good air conditioning efficiency.
The more the efficiency, more amount of heat will be cut down. If the energy required to run an air conditioner is low and incompatible to the standard energy needed for the air conditioner to run, the efficiency will automatically decrease.
Hence, to increase the efficiency of the air conditioner, it needs to be fixed and altered. Following are some of the ways that are effective and basic for the care of the air conditioner.
- Clean the filters: Filters are the part of the air conditioner through which the cool air passes. If the filters are dirty or unclean, the air will pass through the filters with difficulty and that will require the unit to work harder. When the unit works harder it uses more energy that in turn decreases the efficiency of the unit air conditioner. The additional disadvantage is that when the efficiency is going low, the bill rises because the energy used by the air conditioner to function rises. There are times the air conditioner is filled with dirt, dust hay or grass that blocks the airflow and the operation is low. Therefore, get the filters changed at least after every three months and the air conditioner serviced once a year. Missouri Furnace and Air Conditioning offer the best services for their customers. So get in touch with them if you need to get your air conditioner serviced.
- Switch it off: Do not let the air conditioner work hard to make the room cool when you are not there. Keeping the air conditioner on when you are not in the room and keeping the air conditioner on is not good. It makes the work more and the energy is being used up for no purpose. This will decrease the efficiency of the air conditioner. Try avoiding this.
- Time and Household Chores: This is usually applicable for homes and places where heating chores have to take place. Heating causes the temperature of the place to rise. The air conditioner then will have to work even harder to cool the place, which otherwise would have been comparatively easier. The most heated of all works is cooking on the stove. An advice that will be of help is that, make sure there is close ventilation, and therefore use the fan to keep the heat out continuously.
- Ceiling Fans: Airflow throughout the room is needed. The basic cool airflow is already being provided by the air conditioner but to circulate the air and help the air conditioner, ceiling fans should be used. The sole purpose of using fans is to aid the air conditioner in circulating air.
- Cover: Sun can be very damaging for the air conditioner if the light strikes it directly and heats it up. Other than that, light striking the windows also make the room a otter place to survive. In such conditions and air conditioner does not work efficiently because there is a lot of energy that it has to yield and that decreases the efficiency. This why the use of draperies or curtains to cover the windows. And, as for the air conditioners cover them by building a covering or mini-shelter type thing so that the heat cannot get to directly and completely.
So, following the steps above will help you to increase the efficiency of the air conditioner.